Professor Junqiao Wu received a B.S. from Fudan University
and a M.S. from Peking University, China. He obtained a Ph.D. from the
University of California, Berkeley for work on nitride semiconductors and
highly mismatched semiconductor alloys. He did postdoctoral research in the
Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology at Harvard University on phase
transitions in transition metal oxides. His honors include the Berkeley
Fellowship, the 29th Ross N. Tucker Memorial Award, the U.C. Regents’ Junior
Faculty Fellowship, the Berkeley Presidential Chair Fellowship, the NSF CAREER
Award, and the DOE Early Career Award.
Dr. Wu's group explores novel properties and applications of correlated electron
materials with reduced dimensions, phase transitions at the nanoscale,
materials interfaces and composites, and photovoltaics, thermoelectrics and
thermal properties of semiconductor alloys.
- T. S. Matthews, C. Sawyer, D. F. Ogletree, Z. Liliental-Weber, D.
C. Chrzan, and J. Wu, "Large Reaction Rate Enhancement in Formation of Ultra-Thin AuSi Eutectic Layer," Phys. Rev. Lett. 108, 096102
- Jan Seidel, Deyi Fu, Seung-Yeul Yang, Esther Alarcon-Llado, J. Wu, R.
Ramesh, and J. W. Ager III, "Efficient photovoltaic current generation at ferroelectric domain walls," Phys. Rev. Lett. 107,
- D. Fu, A. X. Levander, R. Zhang, J. W. Ager III and J. Wu, "Electrothermally Driven Current Vortices in Inhomogeneous Bipolar Semiconductors," Phys. Rev. B 84, 045205 (2011).
- J.-H. Lee, J. Wu, and J. C. Grossman, "Enhancing thermoelectric power factor with highly mismatched isoelectronic doping," Phys.
Rev. Lett. 104, 016602 (2010).
- J. Cao, E. Ertekin, V. Srinivasan, W. Fan, S. Huang, H. Zheng, J. W. L.
Yim, D. R. Khanal, D. F. Ogletree, J. C. Grossman, and J. Wu,
"Strain engineering and one-dimensional organization of metal-insulator domains in single-crystal VO2 beams," Nature
Nanotech. 4, 732 (2009).
- J. Wu, "When Group III - Nitrides Go Infrared: New Properties and Perspectives," (invited review), J. Appl. Phys.: Appl. Phys. Rev.
106, 011101 (2009).
- E. C. Garnett, Y. Tseng, D. R. Khanal, J. Wu, J. Bokor and P. Yang,
"Dopant Profiling and Surface Analysis of Silicon Nanowires Using Capacitance-Voltage Measurements", Nature Nanotech. 4, 311 (2009).
- J. W. L. Yim, R. E. Jones, K. M. Yu, J. W. Ager III, W. Walukiewicz, W.
J. Schaff and J. Wu, "Effects of Surface States on Electrical Characteristics of InN and InGaN"; Phys. Rev. B (Rapid Commun.) 76,
- J. Wu, Q. Gu, B. S. Guiton, L. Ouyang, N. de Leon, H. Park,
"Strain-induced Self Organization of Metal-Insulator Domains in Single-Crystalline VO2 nanobeams," Nano Lett., 6, 2313
- J. Wu, W. Walukiewicz, W. Shan, E. Bourret-Courchesne, J. W. Ager, III,
K. M. Yu, E. E. Haller, Kyle Kissell, Sergei M. Bachilo, R. Bruce
Weisman, and Richard E. Smalley, "Structure-Dependent Hydrostatic Deformation Potentials of Individual Single-Walled Carbon Nanotubes," Phys. Rev. Lett., 93, 017404 (2004).
- J. Wu, W. Walukiewicz, K. M. Yu, J. W. Ager, E. E. Haller, Hai Lu,
William J. Schaff, Yoshiki Saito, and Yasushi Nanishi, "Unusual Properties of the Fundamental Bandgap of InN," Appl. Phys. Lett.
80, 3967 (2002).
- J. Wu, W. Shan and W. Walukiewicz, "Band Anticrossing Effects in Highly Mismatched Semiconductor Alloys," (invited review), Semicond.
Sci. Tech. 17, 860 (2002).